PADMAKARA MULTILINGUAL LEXICON TRANSLATOR'S AREA
བོད་སྐད་ tibetan sanskrit deutsch english español français italiano polski português
How to input a new Tibetan term
- First, make sure the term does not exist already (keep in mind, that the database allows for double entries, so it will not warn you that a term exists already).
- Press the link called "input new tibetan term" and fill out the form fields.
Edit an existing entry :
- Search for the term you wish to work on and press "edit".
- The database is built on the basis of the Wylie term and Skt term there, so once submitted these spellings can only be edited by the lexicon site administrator.
- To edit the Wylie"or the Skt, write to email@example.com., stating with the necessary changes.
Seeing all the info about a term in all languages :
- Search for the term you wish to work on and press the term inWylie.
- This will show you an overview page of that term.
Searching the database
- The search bar by default allows searchs in your working language, plus Wylie and Skt.
- To search in other languages, press the + sign.
Table alphabetic sorting:
- By default, the table lists the last updated term first, i.e. updated in the database, by any translator, not necessarily yourself.
- Press the = sign for other other sorting options. Note that empty entries in the chosen language appear first, scroll down to find the terms.
- Due to database configurations beyond our reach, all the words starting with capital letters are listed before those in small caps; i.e, "A, B, C," then "a, b, c".
- Words starting with letters with diacritics will not be in the standard alphabetic order.
Staging to public display
- Once a term is ready for public display, tick the box "ready for display".
- Moving of terms from the staging to the public display will be done every month.
- The term will then be finalised by introducing the Tibetan and Devanagari script, and also enabling simplified Sanskrit search.
- Only the administrator can make a term visible in the public area, so if you would display a term, or remove from display, please write to the administrator.
Different points of view
- If and when there are differing points of view as to how to translate a term, please include your initials after your option,. ex.: peace (JD).
For assistance, write to:
- lexicon website administrator: André Rodrigues - firstname.lastname@example.org